Online Virtual Speed Dating UK
Have you always wanted to try Speed Dating, but don’t want to – or can’t – leave home to do it? Could you do with some help to meet like-minded singles near you? Are you stuck at home but would love to socialise, have a laugh and chat with some new people? One of the many reasons speed dating in the UK is so enduring, successful and popular is that it enables you to meet people face to face, but in a controlled setting. And it’s now even easier, safer and more convenient, as speed dating goes online.
Millions of eligible singles are not signed up to dating websites. And it doesn’t have to be either/or. You can still do online dating, meet singles through your day-to-day activities, speed date in person and sign up to take part in events too. The more bases you cover, the better.
Online Speed Dating near me
In the UK, we naturally run lots of successful Online Speed Dating in London evenings and at all the major the cities in the UK, including:
- Manchester Speed Dating
- Speed Dating in Bath
- Speed Dating in Oxford
- Reading Speed Dating
- Speed Dating in Swindon
- Speed Dating Bristol
More UK events on our virtual platform
Along the South Coast, we organise Online Speed Dating in Bournemouth, Southampton, Portsmouth and Brighton evenings. In the Midlands, you can go Online Speed Dating in Birmingham, Leicester and Nottingham.
If you’re further north you can enjoy Online Speed Dating in Leeds, Sheffield and York, while in the North East we have Newcastle Online Dating. South West speed dates include Online Speed Dating in Exeter and Online Speed Dating in Plymouth nights while over in East Anglia we offer Online Speed Dating in Norwich.
Virtual Speed Dating statistics
Match.com has estimated that there are around 600 million singles in the world who use the internet and it is reported that less than 400 million of these have ever used a dating app. Just over 42% of these are aged 25-34.
At all our events, you will get to virtually meet and date at least 12 single professional people and have a four-minute private date with each of them – hence the term Slow Dating. While dating sites and meet-ups often experience a 60:40 ratio of men to women, online speed dating is different, in that we can guarantee an equal number of each gender by having ticket quotas for each.
A Badoo survey found that we have many dislikes and likes in terms of photos (shirtless men is a no-no for the ladies, while Snapchat filters are off-putting for guys). With online speed dating, you get to see a real person moving and speaking via their webcam – no augmentation or posing. What you see is what you get, and you don’t have to agonise over finding the perfect pic to post. Nor do you have to worry about having the best shoes – your feet will be out of shot, so you can date in your slippers if you like.
According to a YouGov poll, 66% of people would be bothered if a date turned out to be much older on first meeting than they had said in advance. 61% said the same for someone much younger.
As virtual speed dating matches people by age brackets, this is prevented from the outset. And you get a far better idea of how young or old someone looks on screen than you do in still photos.
Speed Dating reviews and online experiences
What do other people think? You can read about past participants’ experiences and hear how they got on at these speed dating events, in their reviews. We have a high satisfaction rating.
If you’re new to Speed Dating Online, you might want some tips for getting started and making the most of your night, or to get an idea of what to expect. This video is packed with useful advice for newcomers. And don’t worry, every event will have lots of others who are also doing it for the first time. Our experienced moderators will take good care of you and help you feel welcome.
Online Speed Dating 101 tips
If you’re needing some advice and top tips to get you started on your online speed dating adventure, here are some ideas.
- Make sure you have a decent WiFi connection and are connected to your broadband, not mobile data if possible.
- Use as big a screen as you can – a laptop, PC or tablet is better than your smartphone. You’ll be able to see your dates more clearly.
- Still make sure you arrive on time. It can be tempting to leave it to the last minute to log on, after all, you don’t need to allow extra time for travel.
- Test your mic and camera beforehand so you know it’s working.
- Set up the camera angle so it’s flattering. Usually, this is straight on or from slightly above. Placing it beneath your face won’t present you at your best angle.
- Similarly, make sure the lighting is good. As the event will last a few hours, the sun might fade as it’s in progress. So some artificial lighting set up already. Think of this as your own little TV studio. Be your own camera crew, wardrobe person, makeup artist and sound technician.
- Plug into power. Yes, your laptop lasts hours unplugged under normal circumstances, but video links with sound and brightness turned up will drain it fast. You’re unlikely to last a whole event on one charge unless you have an amazing power capacity.
- Pay attention. Listen to what the moderator is saying and the instructions they’ll be giving. You’ll need to move into individual chat rooms for each date, so listen out for where you need to be and when. It’s all very straightforward, but don’t be checking your Instagram or texting.
So why not seize the day? Book onto an online event with people who live near you for a great night in and the chance to meet that special someone without even stepping out of your front door.
- What is online speed dating?
Online speed dating is just like regular speed dating, except you do it from the comfort of your home through modern tech. One of the brilliant things about these events is that it isn’t just a means to meet people, it’s also a really fun and sociable way to spend the evening. Everything is taken care of for you, just relax and enjoy yourself.
- How does online speed dating work?
An equal number of men and women from within similar age brackets take seats facing across from one another at tables. Each couple has four minutes to chat. Once four minutes is up, a bell rings and the guys move along one place until everyone has had a chance to meet. You can find out more here.
- How much does it cost?
This will vary depending on the location, the number of participants and venue but is usually in the region of £20. To find out exactly how much the events in your area cost, search on your town or city and pick from the large selection of online speed dating events that are available.
- What do you wear?
We do suggest smart casual, but ultimately you should pick an outfit that reflects who you are. Just because you’re doing it from home doesn’t mean you shouldn’t make an effort. In fact, it’s a great excuse to dress up a bit if you’ve been home working in your PJs all day. You’ll be sitting down for a while though, so wear something comfortable to sit in.
Got more questions about online dating events in the UK? Have a read of our frequently asked questions for all the answers.